The Friends of the Kalkaska County Library is a non-profit organization made up of volunteers, and is open to anyone interested in supporting the library. The friends meet at the Library on the Fourth Tuesday of every month at 4:00pm.
THE GOALS OF THE FRIENDS OF THE KALKASKA COUNTY LIBRARY ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Promote the library; enrich the resources and activities of the library.
- Sponsor literary, cultural and educational programs.
- Conduct fundraising events.
- Enhance and extend library services.
- Coordinate volunteer efforts
PROGRAMS AND EVENTS RUN BY THE FRIENDS:
Small ongoing book sale in the basement of the library:
- Trade paperbacks: $1.00
- Paperback: 50 cents
- Magazines: 10 cents.
Annual Christmas Cookie Sale:
A two-day event held in early December, the Friends members donate baked goods for sale at the library. Shop early – this is a very popular event!
WANT TO BECOME A FRIEND?
The fees for membership are:
- $15.00 for an individual membership.
- $20.00 for a family membership.
- $30.00 for a business membership.
- $50.00 for a patron membership.
- $100.00 for a lifetime membership.
You can apply for membership online using the form below.
For more information, please contact the
President of the Friends of the Kalkaska County Library:
Marilyn Coville at (231) 384-6032.