The Friends meet at the library on the fourth Tuesday of every month at 4:00pm. Principal contact: Valerie Shaw, President of the Friends of the Kalkaska County Library.
The Friends of the Kalkaska County Library is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization made up of volunteers and is open to anyone interested in supporting the library. The fees are:
- $15.00 for an individual membership.
- $20.00 for a family membership.
- $30.00 for a business membership.
- $50.00 for a patron membership.
- $100.00 for a lifetime membership.
PROGRAMS AND EVENTS
Small ongoing booksale in the lower level of the library:
- Trade paperbacks: $1.00
- Paperback: 50 cents
- Magazines: 10 cents.
Annual Used Book Sale
Held on a Friday and Saturday in mid-May every year at the Northland Plaza, the sale includes the thousands of books that are donated to the library each year. Priced as above.
Annual Chirstmas Cookie Bake Sale
A two-day event held in early December, the Friends donate baked goods for sale at the library. Shop early – this is a very popular event!
Friends of the Kalkaska County Library Goals:
- Promote the library; enrich the resources and activities of the library.
- Sponsor literary, cultural and educational programs.
- Conduct fundraising events.
- Enhance and extend library services.
- Coordinate volunteer efforts.